Key Dates & Events
The Withdrawal Agreement was approved by the UK Parliament and the EU during January 2020.
The UK left the EU on 31st January 2020.
The transition period started on 1st February and will end on 31st December 2020.
Customs declarations will start on 1st January 2021.
All Exports from Ireland to the UK will need the following:
- Export Declaration to Irish Customs.
- Import Declaration to UK Customs.
All Imports from UK to Ireland will require the following:
- Export Declaration to UK Customs.
- Import Declaration to Irish Customs.
- Entry Summary Declaration for each Truck.
Shipments to EU through UK will require the following:
- Transit Declaration to Irish Customs.
What do to now?
Thyme-IT can provide sophisticated C&E Solutions to assist with all customs requirements and to streamline tasks to improve efficiency. Some of the options are as follows:
- Data entry directly to Thyme-IT systems
- Interface from your existing systems to Thyme-IT to create and submit customs declarations automatically
- Declarations can be sent 1st to Irish Customs then to UK Customs
- Declarations can be sent 1st to UK Customs then to Irish Customs
- SAD data can be imported onto the Transit Declaration to avoid re-entry
- SAD data can be imported onto the Entry Summary Declaration to avoid re-entry